Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Rose is a Rose



When I'm stressed or depressed, I paint roses. So, today I painted another rose.  I do this because when I'm looking at the petals, I have to concentrate so my mind won't hold anything else.  This is how it eases my stress or makes me forget my worries.  I don't try to make a perfect rose, just the journey of painting it is all I ask, anything to keep my mind off my problems.

When I painted my first rose I swore I would never do another one, but I can't resist. I just love them.
For you, Janie, I gave it a couple of thorns.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful rose! I like it very much! And thank you for your comments on my blog. I appreciate your encouragement so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, as always. I wish I had your dedication to painting. Hope all is well with you and you painted for sheer love of roses and not because you are depressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I look at one of your painting, they just blow my mind and this is so beautiful -- as always! Whatever helps us through the bad times, is worth it's weight in gold. We all need that one thing we can count on, fall back on! I hold good thoughts for your, my friend!

    May you have a lovely weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This rose makes me feel tender. The yellow highlights and the background pink are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you can make beauty out of your stresses and sadnesses. I feel quite honored to have discovered your blog(s)---Your family is so fortunate to have such a careful chronicler of their lives, and we are lucky you share it. Sending hopes that you don't feel the need to make roses for a while :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't know why it works, but it does. By the time I finished the rose my stress was gone and depression lifted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds wonderfully therapeutic. My guess is that half the world's problems could be solved if we followed your example.
    e.

    ReplyDelete